Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hak Guan Laksa

Location: Hak Guan, Jalan Dato Bandar Mustapha‎ (opposite JKR 4½ Mile, Kuching, Sarawak, the only house modified into a "kopitiam"/ coffee shop in that area, you won't miss it!)
Rating (out of 10): 9.1
Notes: One of the best Sarawakian Laksa stalls in Kuching (if not THE BEST).
Price: RM3.50 & RM5.00 & RM6.00
Pictured: RM6.00

This may not look like the most beautiful Sarawakian Laksa in town, but mind you, this is one of the best selling, most popular and highly-rated laksa in Kuching city. Don't bother coming to this stall any later than 9-10am 'cause this laksa sells out fast like a Formula 1 car on a racetrack. The kopitiam where this stall is located is also always packed and you'd be lucky if you parked your car at the vicinity of the kopitiam.

The gravy is superb and this laksa in my own personal opinion, stood out among the all the laksas found in Sarawak. The prawns are medium-sized but fresh (again, I don't care about the prawns, as it is the gravy that matters). So famous this laksa stall is that it earned a sponsorship deal with local laksa paste manufacturers (Nyonya Laksa Paste). I was introduced to this stall by my late father and since then, I always compared any laksa to this one. It is like my true love and, oh, the stall operator even recognizes me as I was as you suspected, a regular customer. The "sambal" of this laksa is also THE BEST and the size of the "special" bowl is also huge. Too good to be true? You better believe it.

This stall is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me to you readers. Please do check it out if you have never been here or if you have the time. This is really worth the money and the time. I heard that this stall has a very huge fan base in Kuching. What ever it is, this laksa deserves it.

2 comments:

The Islander said...

Another yummy looking one! Must not miss the next time I am in town.

Panggau Libau Descendant said...

yes! you shouldn't!!! :-)