Sunday, September 12, 2010

Golden Arch Café Laksa

Location: Golden Arch Café, Golden Arch Mall, 3rd Mile, Kuching (near the 3rd Mile round-about & flyover)
Rating (out of 10): 8.2
Notes: One of the famous Sarawakian Laksa stalls in Kuching
Price: RM 3.50, RM4.50 & RM5.50
Pictured: RM5.50


Well, this is one of the stalls I frequented if I am back home in Sarawak. If you are looking for a nice balance of good gravy and big prawns (I don't care about the prawns anyway) this has got to be your place to eat laksa. They use fresh big prawns too in their laksa and I totally love it. However I was slightly disappointed when I ordered for the "special" (RM5.50), they serve one with a small bowl but big prawns in it. Like I said just now, I am not a fan of prawns and I don't care how big or how many prawns are served with my laksa. It is the gravy that is important. Well, whatever it is, the gravy here is superb and that's why they are one of the best in Kuching city.

1 comment:

The Islander said...

Woohoo\0/ This is MY type of Laksa..big prawns!! Tks for the heads up on this. Must try (noted) :)