Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ling Loong Café Laksa

Location: Ling Loong Café (between King's Center and Tabuan Dayak junction, off Tun Jugah road, not far away from Simpang Tiga area)
Rating (out of 10): 8.8
Notes: A very good laksa situated  and competing at a cafe renowned for other types of cuisines.
Price: RM 3,50 & RM4.50
Pictured: RM4.50
People who visit Ling Loong Café at Tun Jugah road will normally go there for the porridge, not the laksa. Now the porridge there is my favourite too but when I visited this place too often (as this café is situated near my house), I ordered the laksa here. This laksa is very impressive and I think it tasted better than the (previously reviewed, popular and famous) Sing Chong Choon laksa. The gravy is thick and well-balanced in the laksa paste and coconut milk. The sambal is quite hot and it's just the way I liked it and prawns are always fresh but not big. Yes, a very good example of a typical and good Kuching laksa.

Through my observation, many of this café's customers also ordered this laksa and it does have it's own fan base. Ling Loong Café is definite a very good place to eat as none of it's stalls here are serving mediocre type of food. If you are not a fan of laksa or if you are a loyal fan of your own laksa stall, do check out the other foods served in this café. However the laksa served here in this café can be considered as one of the best in Kuching city.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Very delicious...Slamat ari gawai my friend.

Rook